Guess what? I finally finished the second Alpha sock!! Photos on Friday (although they are already in use, so pics might be slightly tricky!).
Cherry Blossom is progressing nicely. I knitted the second sleeve, added another lace repeat to the body, and joined on the sleeves to the body. I realised I was going to run out of yarn about halfway through the top section (this yarn is being recycled from a different project, which is why the tension looks so wonky at the moment), so I switched to some lovely Koigu yarn I had kicking around, held it double as it was 4 ply, and knit a band of that at the top. The photo really doesn’t do it justice (but it’s a very dark day here in rainy Scotland), but it does look quite pretty, I think.
I’ve done the picot edging around the neck, but again hit upon the running-out-of yarn problem. So for the two front bands, I’ve decided to do an applied I-cord bind-off. You can see I’ve managed one side so far. I’m actually very happy with how it looks, so I’ll do the second side later today, then it’s just a case of sewing the underarm seams, weaving in the ends, sewing down the picot edge around the neckband, knitting and attaching the ties, and then block, block, block!!