1) My coffee date with a friend segued neatly, although unexpectedly, into a second coffee with another friend. All while enjoying being part of the World’s Biggest Coffee Morning for Macmillan Cancer Support.
2) Today’s alternating rain and bright sunshine meant that I saw at least five rainbows.
3) It’s Friday and, after a busy stressful week, we decided that our planned dinner (chicken and chorizo paella) was too much like hard work (it’s an intensive hour and a half from start to finish) so we set the defrosted chicken thighs and legs to poach (once cooked they will form the basis of a chicken and leek lasagne next week), and then K heads out to pick up some curry 🙂 .
1) Now that I can’t source our favourite quiche anymore, I decided that we needed to have a go at creating our own version: poppyseed shortcrust pastry, filled with crumbly feta, wilted spinach, caramelised onions, mature cheddar, creamy savoury custard and topped with roasted red peppers and toasted pinenuts… Dinner was good.
2) As A enjoyed his skiing lesson, I spent a quiet hour sitting in the car listening to the radio, knitting, and watching as the clouds played hide and seek with the Ochils.
3) I’ve been working on a couple of new knitting projects this week – the first is the second of my three Spring Projects. It’s a baby cardigan, and the first item I’ve done created entirely in moss stitch. It makes for fairly dense knitting, but it’s good fun, and I’m nearly finished with the back…
Spring Project #2: Baby cardigan
I’ve also cast-on for a Silky Lacy Scarf, using Rowan Kidsilk Haze, in the Majestic colourway. I’ve just started it, but I love it already 🙂 .
For more of today’s Works-In-Progress, check out Tami’s blog…
Last week was sometimes incredibly busy, and sometimes pretty stressful. So this weekend was the ideal antidote. We…
1) spent lots of time with friends,
2) spent lots of time cooking,
3) spent lots of time relaxing.