1) I get to cuddle the baby, while his mum goes upstairs to have a shower.
2) K is able to take a brief break from work this afternoon, and we walk up to school together to pick up the kids 🙂 .
3) M helps K make a fabulous chicken stir-fry for dinner this evening. She does a super job of helping to chop the vegetables, proving herself an excellent sous-chef!
1) Cuddles on the sofa with M – some of my most favourite moments 🙂 .
2) With K at work, and the kids at school, I was able to restore some order to the house after being away all weekend.
3) Unexpectedly, we had friends join us for dinner this evening. It was a lovely time.
1) My physio was very happy with my progress, and I’ve graduated to a stronger elastic band with which to do my exercises 🙂 .
2) I had quite a few errands to run in town today. It was getting close to lunchtime, and I had been on my feet all morning. So, I found myself a corner in a coffee shop, and sat down gratefully with a cup of hot tea and a new knitting magazine.
3) On my list of things to buy had been some new hairbands for M. She received her new ones so excitedly, and threw her arms around my neck to give me a great big cuddle of thanks.
1) I hugged my children just a little bit tighter. My thoughts and prayers are overseas today.
2) I was sad last night, and the kids were acting up big style. After a bit of a blow-out, when I finally managed to get through to the kids that they were making life so much harder for me, they suddenly flipped from being horrid* to being positively angelic.
Eventually, A asked if there was anything else he could do to help. I replied that there was one thing which would make me feel a bit happier. He thought for a moment, then came running over and gave me a huge big cuddle. M joined in for a big group hug… “you’re not on your own Mummy, you’ve got us.”.
3) A hot bath, at the end of a long day.
* There was a little girl, who had a little curl, right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, she was very very good. But when she was bad, she was horrid!!
1) As if standing guard over the intersection, perched on the top of the lamposts at each of the four corners, were birds: three on one, four on another, five on the next, and six on the last.
2) After a busy weekend which concluded with me taking K to the airport, so that he could get on a flight to New Zealand, it was good to go home to my parents’. Once there, there was a comfy sofa, dinner on a tray, a glass of chilled white wine, plenty of hugs, and loving care surrounding me.
3) I’ve been overwhelmed by the love and support we’ve been shown by everyone we’ve seen over the weekend. We’re truly blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. Although K is away, the kids and I are most certainly not alone. Thank you xx
1) She crawls in between us for a cuddle, lies quietly for some time, then disappears under the duvet to reappear at the bottom of the bed, before running off downstairs.
2) The excitement of packing up… we’re off camping with friends later today.
3) I’ve finished M’s Big Sister Dress 🙂 . Knitted in Sublime Cashmere Merino Silk (4 ply), colourway Sleepy. She’s one very happy girlie today!
For more of today’s Finished Objects, check out Tami’s blog over at Tami’s Amis
1) A sleepy-eyed small pink girl wanders through to my bedroom, climbs on top of me and snuggles up.
2) To go out to the garden and see rows of tiny seedlings poking their way up through the soil.
3) I’m loving the way my Stripey Lacy Scarf is knitting up! It’s so quick – in the picture, the first half is complete and is hanging down the back of the chair, and you can see the second half on the needles. A asked me how how I made the edges scalloped – it was fun to explain how it works, and now he wants to have a go!
My long term lacy scarf project is still on going (currently measuring 101cm) and I’ll post another pic next week. But for now, here’s my Sripey Lacy Scarf:
Summer Project #3 Stripey Lacy Scarf
I’m heading over to Tami’s Amis
to check out some more of today’s Works-in-Progress…
1) It was good to celebrate this special day, Easter Sunday, with our church family – first on top of Cockleroy, and then later at church. Happy Easter to you all!
2) The kids loved rolling their eggs down Cockleroy after the service.
3) I go up to bed, to be greeted by a small voice saying “I can’t get to sleep”. A glass of warm milk and a cuddle, and sleep was found. If only all problems were so easily solved!
1) To cuddle and soothe a fractious baby… and then to hand him back.
2) To book the tickets for M’s end-of-term dancing display (in June) – and to have done so early enough that we should actually be able to see her this year!
3) As the smell of sizzling chorizo emanates through the house… I know that dinner is on its way 🙂 .
1) To notice that I have now written over five hundred Three Beautiful Things posts.
2) A message from a friend, which lifts my spirit. She said just exactly the right thing 🙂 .
3) She throws herself into my arms for a hug. As I wonder what prompted this sudden display, she says with glee “they’re my favourite!!”.