1) K is up and away early to catch a flight this morning. I wake long enough to bid him good journey, then snuggle down into the warmth of my bed, and sleep for another two hours.
2) It’s not too cold, and I walk home at sunset, enjoying the colourful sky.
3) We drive up to the top of the hill, and sit a while watching multiple glorious displays of fireworks spanning across the whole valley.
1) We stay overnight with my parents, and I get a lie-in this morning :-).
2) A voucher arrives in the post for a free Higgidy pie 🙂 .
3) Fireworks and Chinese lanterns = happy children 🙂 .
I was reminded last week, as I stood behind a person on the escalator, of why I started writing this 3BT blog in the first place. I was in a hurry, needed to get my shopping done and then get back in time for the school run, and was feeling really frustrated. Then I glanced up. And saw hundreds of tiny twinkling lights showering down several storeys. I don’t normally like seeing Christmas decorations up before December, but on Friday, they reminded me: there I was getting irritated by a small trivial thing. What 3BT allows me to do is to focus on the small (often trivial) things which cheer me and make me happy rather than stressed.
So Friday then: the reminder to look for the tiny beautiful things and allow myself to be made happy by them.
Saturday: the stunning 15 minute Firework display at Hopetoun House, timed to perfectly to match the music. I particularly loved the pink sweethearts in the sky.
Sunday: the afternoon was spent planting bulbs. I look forward to seeing the results in Spring 🙂 .
Monday: I was a little worried in advance of Parent’s Night at school. Turns out that we had no reason to be – the kids are both doing well 🙂 .
Tuesday: a long committee meeting in the evening was followed up by a yummy dinner with K a matter of minutes after I walked through the door 🙂 .
Wednesday: a day punctuated by many many lovely things – breakfast in bed, lunch with a friend, my phone beeping frequently throughout the day as someone leaves a Facebook post, or sends a text, K went in late and came home early, thoughtful cards, two lovely homemade cards from my children, some beautiful birthday presents, champagne with my parents, scrummy dinner and a delicious cake. All that on top of a beautiful blue skies and sunshine sort of a day!