1) To restore some order to the house – my mind feels clearer already.
2) I wiped the weekly planner (located on a white board) clean of all last week’s activities… and I’ve left it blank! It’s the October Holidays and, for reasons outwith our control, we were unable to plan our usual trip away this year. There’s something rather nice about having a blank slate, and to be able to do what we feel like, when we feel like it. For a whole week 🙂 .
3) To complete a jigsaw puzzle. And to find time to knit.
1) The sun shone, the children played, we enjoyed a relaxed day with friends. On the way home we stopped in at the cafe and had cupcakes for afternoon tea.
2) Breakfast this morning was perfectly poached eggs, on sourdough toast, topped with homemade hollandaise sauce and a sprinkling of freshly-ground black pepper.
3) I finally find a design for M’s birthday cake that both K and I like. Later, I order her main birthday present. As her birthday isn’t for another two and a half weeks, I feel super-organised 🙂 .
1) An unexpected phone call throws my plans for the afternoon into disarray. However, the news was positive, so I’m not complaining!
2) I pick the kids up from school and they are in happy bouncy mood, vying with each other to tell me little things about their day, and skipping on ahead happily (if you are M) or holding my hand (if you are A) when it wasn’t their turn…
3) The kids and their friends disappear off down to the park, while my friend and I catch up in the kitchen as tea is cooking. It’s a good way to spend a Thursday afternoon.
Yesterday was such a busy day that I didn’t have time to blog… So from Monday:
1) To finally start a new project, and discover it’s a whole lot less complicated (and much more do-able) than I originally thought.
2) I love my new bird feeder (the storms of the last couple of weeks finally caused the demise of the old one) – lovely to hear bird song again as I went into the back garden.
3) I accomplished more than I thought possible yesterday – a very good feeling.
1) All my carefully-laid plans for a busy day worked out 🙂 .
2) My baby girl, now 4, looks beautiful in her party dress for her last ever day at nursery.
3) My sister and BIL stop by unexpectedly and join us for a family bbq, to christen our new deck.