1) To awaken in the very early morning, and listen to the dawn chorus.
2) I’d bought the material to make a bag about two years ago. I chose the pattern, and cut out the pieces about two months ago. I sewed the strap and the pockets about two weeks ago. This morning, I sewed the bag together, and it hardly took any time at all. I’m happy with the result, but you’ll have to wait for FO Friday to see it – I haven’t had the chance to take any photos yet.
3) Craft Night this evening – just a lovely time to relax, chat, and do craft together (this evening, we were all knitting 🙂 ).
1) A spent this morning designing the depth guage he wants to make to measure the depth of the stream behind the house. It included the early stages of his very own video camera (made out of a shoe box, a pringles tube, and a magnifying lens!). I feel out of my depth!!
2) M swam length after length with me at the swimming pool today – albeit with frequent momentarty stops at the side of the pool, but there was plenty of swimming in between times… I was very impressed!
3) I know I normally try not to talk knitting too much on here on non-Wednesdays and Fridays, but I’m so chuffed that I cast-off M’s Big Sister Dress today 🙂 , and I’m so pleased with the results 🙂 🙂 .
1) I got to operate a digger – perhaps not entirely beautiful by conventional standards (and it certainly created quite a mess…) but it was fun!
2) A walk in the afternoon sunshine with my family.
3) Another two FO’s! I lost one of my favourite pair of purple earrings at Greenbelt this year 🙁 , so I had to make some new ones. It’s my first attempt at making proper earrings, and I’m reasonably pleased with the result. I also completed the second of the pair of handwarmers I was knitting 🙂 . It’s been a constructive day!
1) The opportunity to make a creative supper for K and I – cheese-straw baskets with a yummy Gruyère, tomato, caramelised red onion, yellow pepper, courgette and mushroom filling.
2) One of A’s friends gave him a present – for no particular reason…
3) An FO (Finished Object)…
1) I had occasion to walk through the school playground at lunchtime today, while the children were out playing. A came running over to me to ask me how my day was, and then to give me a big hug and kiss… twice! I’m enjoying this while I can – I suspect he’ll be too grown up to be seen hugging his Mummy in public before too much longer!
2) My lovely husband worked from home today to help out as I battle this chest infection.
3) An FO (Finished Object) – I’m happy! I wonder if M will be when she sees it tomorrow?